Things are happening all around us, maybe a little too quickly sometimes and then not quickly enough at other times.
Evan and I took a trip to RAF Lakenheath on Tuesday to drop off Cinderella Bullseye for her long journey home. We had to have the car completely detailed and shampooed because the US Department of Agriculture is very strict on importing bugs and soil inadvertently. When we arrived, we went to another car valet place around the corner from the office to have the chassis pressure washed underneath as well. They had us in and out in less than an hour. It took the inspector longer to document all of the dings and dents than it did for me to sign the mountain of paperwork involved. I gave her one last glance with a tear in my eye, hoping I will be reunited with my fourth baby very soon.
Evan and I decided to go up a day early because it is about a three and a half hour drive there and in order to shop at the base for a few items. On the way to the base, we tried to find a small town called America, but it was not properly signed (an anomaly here). Maybe they weren't so excited about being known as America, England or I suspect a bad American stole the sign.
I had an iPad2 in my sights, but was informed Tuesday afternoon that they had sold out the previous Friday and none of the games Evan wanted were in stock. Huge bummer for the two of us so we headed to our posh off-base lodgings I found on laterooms.co.uk. It was fairly stunning but the gardens definitely needed some tlc. I have photos but uploading has become an issue on the dinosaur Dell. Maybe I will add them one day. It was an ancient manor house in the middle of nowhere but like 15 minutes from base and 10 minutes from the car place. There happened to be a lot of Americans staying there who were most likely affiliated with the base somehow. It was odd to hear that many American voices at once when not expecting it. I need to get used to that.
Anyway, we had a good night's sleep and full English breakkie and headed bask to the base to go to the bank and run a couple of errands before taking the car to the place. Evan turned on the radio and it took us like a full minute to realize that we were hearing an American voice speaking to us and then that it was NPR! In England. On the radio. We were stunned. It was a nice send off for Cinderella Bullseye and a great way to transition our car back into America. Definitely a sign. So we decided to try the exchange one more time to see if a shipment had come in overnight. Not expecting much, I asked the guy at the Apple counter if they had gotten any iPads and he sad YES!!!! I litruhlee jumped for joy. No kidding, I hopped up and down like the Easter bunny delivering candy. I got exactly the one I wanted and Evan found the game he wanted and we were smiles all around! We got to the car place early and they accommodated us early. One of the employees gave us a ride to the train station JUST as it began to pour, we caught every train home early and arrived home about four hours later, very weary but happy travelers.
And PS, just in case you weren't paying attention, I have and iPad2!!! Now I just need to figure it out because Craig won't help me in the least as he is a staunch PC user, sort of like his Grandfather in the whole "buy American" theme as it applied to car purchases.
Evan and I took a trip to RAF Lakenheath on Tuesday to drop off Cinderella Bullseye for her long journey home. We had to have the car completely detailed and shampooed because the US Department of Agriculture is very strict on importing bugs and soil inadvertently. When we arrived, we went to another car valet place around the corner from the office to have the chassis pressure washed underneath as well. They had us in and out in less than an hour. It took the inspector longer to document all of the dings and dents than it did for me to sign the mountain of paperwork involved. I gave her one last glance with a tear in my eye, hoping I will be reunited with my fourth baby very soon.
Evan and I decided to go up a day early because it is about a three and a half hour drive there and in order to shop at the base for a few items. On the way to the base, we tried to find a small town called America, but it was not properly signed (an anomaly here). Maybe they weren't so excited about being known as America, England or I suspect a bad American stole the sign.
I had an iPad2 in my sights, but was informed Tuesday afternoon that they had sold out the previous Friday and none of the games Evan wanted were in stock. Huge bummer for the two of us so we headed to our posh off-base lodgings I found on laterooms.co.uk. It was fairly stunning but the gardens definitely needed some tlc. I have photos but uploading has become an issue on the dinosaur Dell. Maybe I will add them one day. It was an ancient manor house in the middle of nowhere but like 15 minutes from base and 10 minutes from the car place. There happened to be a lot of Americans staying there who were most likely affiliated with the base somehow. It was odd to hear that many American voices at once when not expecting it. I need to get used to that.
Anyway, we had a good night's sleep and full English breakkie and headed bask to the base to go to the bank and run a couple of errands before taking the car to the place. Evan turned on the radio and it took us like a full minute to realize that we were hearing an American voice speaking to us and then that it was NPR! In England. On the radio. We were stunned. It was a nice send off for Cinderella Bullseye and a great way to transition our car back into America. Definitely a sign. So we decided to try the exchange one more time to see if a shipment had come in overnight. Not expecting much, I asked the guy at the Apple counter if they had gotten any iPads and he sad YES!!!! I litruhlee jumped for joy. No kidding, I hopped up and down like the Easter bunny delivering candy. I got exactly the one I wanted and Evan found the game he wanted and we were smiles all around! We got to the car place early and they accommodated us early. One of the employees gave us a ride to the train station JUST as it began to pour, we caught every train home early and arrived home about four hours later, very weary but happy travelers.
And PS, just in case you weren't paying attention, I have and iPad2!!! Now I just need to figure it out because Craig won't help me in the least as he is a staunch PC user, sort of like his Grandfather in the whole "buy American" theme as it applied to car purchases.
No comments:
Post a Comment