
The ubiquitous bird of paradise

I love the Gaslamp Quarter. It's so old timey but upscale Wild West at the same time.



Art Deco, oooOOOOooo




My first morning in San Diego looked like San Francisco. Luckily, it did not last.

Bougainvillea and the Coronado Bay Bridge

A view from one escalator to another in the San Diego Convention Center

A must-see, the Hotel Del is iconic. Google it.



They had a Dr. Seuss sculpture garden. It is a traveling sculpture show. Dr. Seuss AKA Theodore Geisel was a long-time resident of La Jolla, just north of San Diego.


Yertle the Turtle is my second favorite story. First place goes to Horton Hears a Who.

Poor Max

A dragon tree
Supposedly if you pull off the "leaves" which are similar to aloe vera, it bleeds red.

Poinsettias were planted OUTSIDE. Yep, definitely California. I remember all of the poinsettia farms in Encinitas when we lived near there.

Some succulents



The Hotel Del was decorated for Christmas. The trees were lovely.





Balboa Park


Little Italy
The first restaurant I saw was a small Mexican taqueria. Go figure.

Old Town, the birthplace of San Diego

No comments:
Post a Comment