Thursday, August 11, 2011

So Cal

Although the traffic is pretty much a nightmare, So Cal is awesome. The HOV lanes through LA were the bomb diggity for the most part. It is really amazing to see how many single person in a car commuters there are on the freeways.

We had a great dinner with friends, OJ & Songul Block in Carlsbad and they graciously allowed us to stay at their place which made for a very relaxing day touring Carlsbad and Oceanside.

We spent a lot of the morning in Leucadia at our favorite beach called Beacons Beach. I truly forgot how wonderful the beaches are in So Cal: perfect temperature, light breeze, water was actually warm! Even Evan got into the water which is saying a lot. Being at the beach at one of our old haunts made Craig and I realize how much we loved this place and I am already planning a vacation in my head to return for a longer period of time.

We tried to see the Mission San Luis Rey de Francia which is situated litruhlee at the foot of the hill where we had our first house, but it was closed. I cannot believe we lived that close and never even drove into the parking lot! We showed the kids where we used to live and drove through Camp Pendleton to show them where Craig worked and well, just because we can.

We have almost had our fill of real Mexican food. We are in LA in a ginormous hotel and fly out in a few hours. I m not sure I am ready for that MD heat blast, but I am definitely ready to be home for good. I am extra excited to get our car on Friday. She arrived safely, yay!

Adios, California!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: