Thursday, February 10, 2011

I've Been Here Too Long

Firstly, I have to explain that there is a town in Norfolk county called Norwich which is pronounced "norrich". Tonight, I am sat on the sofa watching NCIS and an advert comes on the telly for a gravy thickener. I am not watching the picture, but I hear "Norrich beef gravy" and thinking in my head that it is a new gravy mix called "Norwich Beef Gravy". As I look at the picture on screen I see "Knorr Rich Beef Gravy". Hunh.

3 comments:

Erin said...

The most telling clue that you've been there too long is your use of the phrase, "I am sat on the sofa .." Ha! There are several phrases like that I still use, and probably always will, because I like them.

Erin said...

Like, "I should do .." I really like that one. And, "I came up in Colorado .., my children have come up in Maryland ..."

Kris said...

"whilst" and "I'm sat" are my #1 & #2 and perhaps "chucking buckets" #3. Oh, and "A cracker (shot), that was!"