Friday, September 17, 2010

Back to Reality

School has been in session two weeks and we are back to the get dressed, eat breakfast, brush your teeth, does everyone have their stuff, rushing out of the door, phew! we made it morning routine. Owen is taking the bus as I wrote about earlier and he said this morning, "Mom, I really like taking the bus even though I have to be faster in the morning." The bus is so worth it. Both Finn and Evan have instrument practice on the same day so I only drive them to school one day which is very nice. They could hoof it to school with their instruments, and Evan often does, but I need to have some leverage comeback against the "meanest Mom in the world" gripe. They could also take the bus that morning, but after walking to the bus stop, they'd be the same distance as halfway to their school and I would end up carrying the saxophone.

I've been walking a lot much to the chagrin of my left knee. I hurt it in the spring during tennis lessons and it's on a slow road to recovery. I am a young person in an aging body. Ugh.

It is definitely autumn here and Craig broke down and turned on the heat. We STILL owed money back to Uncle Sam this year after what we felt was a major cranking of the heat last winter with snowstorms. They overpaid us for utilities, basically, but at least we are bring "good stewards of the government's money" - the mantra with which we were indoctrinated during our pre-PCS meeting a few years ago.

This weekend we are going to the last Hail & Farewell before it will be our Farewell. Sad, sadder, saddest face ever, but it is getting to be that time. I am already psychotically planning the move back in my head.

I have some big news to spill eventually, but I am awaiting a phone call or email. So stay tuned... and no, it's nothing to do with a baby.

3 comments:

Karli Simmons said...

What is the big news?! I miss you! I would be happy to be your personal chef when you return. Thanks for following my blog. I have big plans for K.Gourmae (well maybe)...We will see! XOXO - Karli
PS - Julie is going to pop soon! I will keep you posted. :)

AA said...

Did you tell me your big news???? What is it?

Erin said...

Seriously? You're going to leave us hanging at the end of this blog post? You've GOT to share the big news.