Wednesday, August 6, 2008
No matter where you live...
things remain the same. Would you like to read how British Telecommunications is a lot like Verizon? Well, our landlords were told by BT that we would just be able to assume their phone service including the phone number and remain ex-directory (unlisted). Hmmm, sound suspicious? Well, guess what?? BT said no way when I called, surprise! So then I had to contact Nigel, he had to call from out of the country to cancel the phone service (because BT wouldn't allow me to do it) and they said the account was put on hold and all I had to do was call. Well, I called as soon as the phone was disconnected and requested to reactivate the account and guess what?? BT said no way and that the number was no longer in the system. Soooo, I set up service with a completely different number, had to wait until that was activated (yesterday) and then called BT today to request a number change all the while keeping my fingers crossed that Nigel & Penny's original phone number hadn't been assigned to someone else in the meantime. Thankfully, we now have the original phone number, but the number won't be changed until Friday. So, as of Friday, our number is 01242 231 507. When you call us from the states you dial 011 44 1242 231 507.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment