Friday, August 8, 2008

Moving In Day

Our shipment arrived yesterday unexpectedly. It was scheduled for this coming Monday. I was completely asleep at 8:30 am (the joys of bigger kids!) when our very loud doorbell (which is actually a bell) clanged throughout the house. There were the movers! I had fallen asleep in my clothes the night prior, so I was dressed and didn't look too disheveled. A very funny thing though was that Craig had partaken of a draught beer from a can the evening before and the can was still on the coffee table and then I was stumbling around still half asleep for a bit. I don't know if the movers made the connection, even though I was in no way feeling the effects of a night of partying, just typical Kris in the morning.

Anyway, we have all of our familiar things but they are all in boxes. At least we have real beds and our own comfy mattresses. Finn and Owen are LOVING their own set of bunkbeds each and both opted to sleep on the top bunk of course. Evan's room looks like a palacial estate room including its own en suite sink. Our master bedroom has a bajillion boxes in it and looks like we live out of one room. There's an inequity here, wouldn't you say?

No comments: