Just before Easter, we traveled up to Boston to peruse some colleges. Immediately upon arrival, we were treated to some good old Boston charm: two drunken and toothless idiots on the airport bus who managed to get themselves kicked off said bus. It was a good "stay in school and don't do drugs" lesson. Oh, and did I forget to mention it was 9:30 AM?
This is what I was afraid was going to happen the entire weekend because we were all feeling a bit sluggish, but I dragged them out anyway.
Finn, Owen and I headed to the Public Garden where we had to make way for Mrs. Mallard and her ducklings.
From Owen's attire, one could ascertain that it was still a bit chilly in the North.
The garden was just about to bloom.
The cherry trees were lovely.
Planking
Posing
Evan and Craig toured MIT whilst we wandered.
That is a real building.
Nice art in our restaurant at dinner near MIT (thinktank - highly recommend).
The next day, Evan and I toured BU on a very busy Open Day whilst the other half took a Duck Boat tour.
They saw the Charles River.
Evan and I met up with our cousin/niece, Emily, who attends BU and then we met her later for dinner in Harvard Square. Sadly, I forgot to get a photo of us all.
The next day was all about the sightseeing. This is the Old State House. Geo. Washington read the Declaration of Independence for the first time right on that balcony.
Just below this balcony is the site of the Boston Massacre. Owen is reliving history, wondering what it would feel like to be massacred. He said it felt cold.
We moseyed on over to Quincy Market because well, they sell food there.
YUM!
Right next door in Faneuil (rhymes with Nathaniel) Hall...
we got some good history learnin' from our National Park Ranger, Mike. All I could think of was the Schoolhouse Rock song, No More Kings. "Rockin' and a rollin', splishin' and a splashin'..."
We ate lunch at Ye Olde Union Oyster House. I am a sucker for ye olde anything and oysters, but not old oysters.
They asked if we had a reservation. We did not. They seated us in JFK's favorite booth anyway. The VIP treatment must've been due to our obvious Scotch/Irish ancestry. Right.
Look, Cheltonians. There is a Green Dragon in Boston too!
No comments:
Post a Comment