Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Me, the Drama Dork

Alarm went off. Got dressed and out the door in plenty of time. Headed north on 695 to the White Marsh park and ride to catch the 0630 Megabus to NYC with plenty of time on my side.

Drove past the exit for 95 north. Didn't realize it until I was in Essex. Clock says 0620 but it runs slow. Panic. Quickly get on 695 back toward Towson to 95 to White Marsh. See the Megabus heading toward the park and ride. Get caught at red light. Panic. Get into park and ride and see ginormous queue for the bus. Sigh of relief.

I have never been so happy to see a long line as I was this morning. I was litruhlee the last person on the bus and have a seat next to the toilet. Lesson learned. At least people are using the hand sanitizer and it smells good. The bus is packed but it has free Wifi.

Random bus thoughts:
1. There are no seat belts on the bus. Hunh. This does make me feel unsafe.
2. I saw a beautiful sunrise over what I believe was the Susquehanna River. My husband is chuckling as he reads this because he knows that I am geographically challenged as well as directionally challenged.
3. The bus had to go through the weigh station which I felt was odd. We passed, so there must not be any stowaways in the luggage compartment.
4. I-95 north and the New Jersey Turnpike both have mile markers every tenth of a mile. That seems a waste.
5. I am sat on the right side of the bus which allows me to experience the Bernoulli effect and cringe when we pass big slower trucks as we get sucked dangerously close to them.
6. People who can sleep anywhere sort of annoy me. You know who you are.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: