Last Friday, I went downtown to Baltimore City with my friend, Toni,

for her early birthday celebration. Our fist stop was to partake some Tea by Julia Faye.
I am a huge fan of Groupon and I saw this deal and couldn't resist. It was a delicious meal and similar to an English high tea, but with a real southern flair. In addition to tea,
scones and cucumber sandwiches, we had cornbread muffins and a yummy sweet potato cake.The tea house is located in an old Baltimore house called Ruscombe whose twin Cylburn is located within the Cylburn Arboretum which definitely is on my list of places to see.
Our next stop was
Hampden, hon. We shopped and took in the atmosphere which included some flamingo spotting

and some interesting architectural elements of design.

Then today, I went back downtown with my friend, Sheila, to shop at a craft fair called Holiday Heap which was sponsored by the Charm City Craftmafia. Every item was high quality workmanship and super creative and most vendors have a shop on etsy. The crowd was huge and I am glad we went early! My favorite part was actually the venue of St. John's Church in Charles Village. It's a very old church whose exterior has fared much better than its interior, but it's actually charming inside even though it's falling into disrepair.

On Wednesday, I head back into the city to go on a house tour that is sponsored by Baltimore Heritage. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment