The Edgcumbe family who owned Cotehele made their fortune in selling rights to silver mines on their property. The Fox family who owned Glendurgan Garden was also involved in mining and shipping. The importance of mining is everywhere in Cornwall.
Whilst at the Eden Project, we marveled at the number of ants and their diligent work ethic.
Ants are amazing.
Since we were in Eden, all I could think in my head was Adam and Eve which led me to think about Adam Ant, the singer, and I spent the afternoon singing both Stand and Deliver and Goody Two-Shoes in my head for the rest of the afternoon. And then Craig pointed out these series of signs at one the cocoa displays
(click on them to enlarge & then hit the back arrow key, top left)

which cracked me up, especially when singing "you don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?". Apparently, cocoa is an aphrodisiac which leads Casanova to turn into the Marquis de Sade (who are both Adam Ant look alikes if you ask me) . Better than smoking and drinking, I guess. Aaah, how my mind works is a mystery.
Whilst at the Eden Project, we marveled at the number of ants and their diligent work ethic.
Ants are amazing.
Since we were in Eden, all I could think in my head was Adam and Eve which led me to think about Adam Ant, the singer, and I spent the afternoon singing both Stand and Deliver and Goody Two-Shoes in my head for the rest of the afternoon. And then Craig pointed out these series of signs at one the cocoa displays
(click on them to enlarge & then hit the back arrow key, top left)
1 comment:
Oh how I'm enjoying all your posts on Cornwall. It's been three years exactly since we went to Cornwall for term break in April. To date, that was the best trip we took in England. Glad you had such a glorious time!
Post a Comment