Sunday, May 23, 2010

Daily Life

Sometimes I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. We LIVE here! The Cotswolds are well-named as an AONB - Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
View from Evan's window
These photos are in a National Trust property, Buscot Manor, not far from the Air Force base where we can shop. The property was open the day I scouted it out, but I was unable to go as the house and main gardens are open only in the later afternoon and I had to get home to pick up Owen that day. Also, it has been really hot here and I had some cold items that needed to get home. I did drive in and take a few photos. I will definitely return and plan accordingly.
I count about 24 goslings. Yikes! Where are all of the foxes? They need to curb the goose population explosion.
And this is the outskirts of a village called Quennington which takes all of 10 seconds to drive through, well, maybe a minute.

Craig and I went on a walk with a group of people affiliated with Craig's work in and around the village of Sheepscombe two weeks ago.
They have sheep in Sheepscombe.
Cheeky little feller!
I guess there can't be one without the other...
Bluebells and wild garlic, respectively
Hard to decide - which is the road less traveled?
Our start and end point

We only have a little over a year left here (boo-hoo for me). The last day for free room and board reservations for up to five persons is 31 May, 2011. Make your reservations NOW! Otherwise, we can recommend some great B&B cottages. Tour guide services are available through 30 June, 2011, subject to packing out dates.

No comments: