Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yoga & A Good Future

For years, people around me have gotten into the yoga groove. I, of course, delayed and just plain refused to go. Now that there is a yoga program on Wii Fit and yoga is more mainstream and my neighbour down the street has started to teach a yoga class pretty much directly across the street from Owen's school, I decided that it was time to try it. I really like it and I can do it and it doesn't involve situps even though my abs are a bit sore. I felt like a body filled with jello last night but today, all is good. This old body needed a jumpstart cuppa joe, but what's new about that?

Craig and I spent a relaxing day celebrating at an excellent pub in a nearby village called Painswick yesterday, named oddly enough The Royal Oak. Actually this isn't an oddity at all and I am joking as this name is a very popular name for a pub in England probably second in popularity to The Red Lion. The history of the name stems from "the name given to the English oak tree within which King Charles II of England hid in order to escape the Roundheads following the Battle of Worcester in 1651" (Wikipedia).
Anyhoo, I digress. We were there without the kids since they had school and Craig didn't have work. We celebrated because it has been five years since Craig started in his present employment situation and he is officially vested in the retirement system with approximately 16 years toward retirement because they counted his time in the USMC and school as well. Plus, he earns retirement at a slightly higher rate while over here. Life is good!

No comments: