Our carpool that usually takes 15-20 minutes lasted one hour today. No snow, no ice, no rain... Luckily I am not extremely prone to road rage because someone might be dead. Although I didn't see any until I was on my way home, I think it was the rubbish trucks stopping traffic ahead of me which then caused the stop-start traffic to build up behind them and it is very difficult to pass on the narrow roads. The real reason is that our rubbish hasn't been picked up for THREE WEEKS (yes, since Christmas) and they were at some houses for a very long time loading the debris. The snow ceased all rubbish collection due to "health and safety" reasons in the binmen's union contract. In their defense, I will admit that the roads were very nasty when the snow was here.
All I can say is hooray for books on tape and Paul Stewart/Chris Riddell for their series The Edge Chronicles, a must read for anyone who is a Lord of the Rings fan on a kid level.
We survived and could have walked to school faster if I didn't have three PE kits, four backpacks, two instruments and one extra-foul child who was the reason we did not get an earlier start accompanied by three other children on my hands.
I am so terribly grateful that my wonderful husband makes a full pot of delicious coffee every morning because it was required this morning. If only I had had some in my car at the time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment