Sunday, October 18, 2009

Non-Stop

So yesterday, Craig, Evan, Owen, Owen's friend, Felix, and I went on a Cotswold hike which began at the Kilkeney Pub. (Finn went to St. Edward's Senior School for their Open Day to act as a tour guide for the morning. Attendance was MANDATORY for Years 7-9.) We hiked a gorgeous route coordinated by the Anglo-American Womens' Club which is the group that coordinates the olde lady pub lunches of which I am quite fond. Afterwards, we had a yummy pub lunch.




Finn telephoned to say he had safely walked home. Then we headed home for about an hour to gather Felix's things and we were off to Gloucester to take Owen and Felix to a laser tag birthday party. We thought the boys were running low on energy but we were waaaay wrong. They were hyped and ready to go. Craig and I dropped them off then headed back home because I was going to see the authors Lisa See and Xinran speak about their books at the Cheltenham Literature Festival. They both write about China, especially Chinese womens' stories. Later, Craig picked up Owen and I walked home. On the way home, I stopped to pick up a curry Craig had ordered for dinner. We stuffed ourselves and watched the X Factor (UK's American Idol counterpart) and Match of the Day where we get to see all the recaps of the day's football matches. The big news was that Aston Villa (my favorite team which is presently in 6th place in the league - Go Acorns!) beat Chelsea (the #2 team in the league standings). Also, Craig's team, Arsenal (#4) beat their opponent as well.
Today, Craig and Evan went to see an event at the Literature Festival and I am awaiting their arrival back home so that we can hop in the car and go to our favorite pub to meet some friends, the Andrews, to eat lunch and then bring their kids to our house so that Amy & Scott can go to a Festival event. I am just hoping the sun decides to peek out some so we can eat outside and the kids can run around in their beer garden otherwise it will be too chilly to sit and eat and the kids are going to get antsy. Wish us luck.
Next on the list is finishing homework and getting Finn packed for his big week-long Year 7 trip to Morfa Bay, Wales. I think this upcoming week might actually be a quiet one.

No comments: