Most weeks on Friday mornings, the whole school has assembly with one class doing a skit about the value of the week. They also hear the school news (awards, sports results, etc.) and sing a new song (usually religious) that the Music teacher teaches all of the students. I think most of you may know that I am not the most religious person, but I am so pleased with this school and the way they present values and promote acceptance.
Finn disliked Music at Hillcrest for a variety of reasons, but mainly because it wasn't much of a challenge for our very musical child. However, he is thriving in Music class and guitar lessons and had a solo in the Carol Service as you can see. I can honestly say that this would never, NEVER have happened in Maryland. I am so glad Finn has gotten his second chance.
I think this instance teaches a lesson about how we all can make a difference in someone's life through encouragement and persistence in the face of adversity and also make good choices for ourselves. The teacher-student relationship is very important and so is deciding to allow yourself to thrive and try new things.
Finn disliked Music at Hillcrest for a variety of reasons, but mainly because it wasn't much of a challenge for our very musical child. However, he is thriving in Music class and guitar lessons and had a solo in the Carol Service as you can see. I can honestly say that this would never, NEVER have happened in Maryland. I am so glad Finn has gotten his second chance.
I think this instance teaches a lesson about how we all can make a difference in someone's life through encouragement and persistence in the face of adversity and also make good choices for ourselves. The teacher-student relationship is very important and so is deciding to allow yourself to thrive and try new things.
1 comment:
Was that a bit of an English accent that I heard Finn singing? So cool!
Post a Comment