Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Snippets

I am an avid reader and rememberer of bumper stickers. At least I try to remember them until I am able to write them down in my handy, dandy little black notebook. Since we're moving, I am going to write my favorites down for all posterity and then start my "UK favourites" version.
Here is my collection so please enjoy.

Last time we mixed religion with politics, people got burned at the stake.

God bless the whole world. No exceptions.

Immigration causes problems - just ask the American Indians.

Wag more. Bark less.

Obedient women are never remembered in history.

Leave no billionaire behind. (Part two of Thornton/"Leave no child behind.")

Dogs have so many friends because they wag their tails and not their tongues.

More for the poor, less for the war.

Finally, the all-time fave: Visualize whirled peas.


And then there's my most favorite collection of religious witticisms.
You know how you're driving down the road and pass a church that has a billboard/announcement structure out in front? Well, I love to read these tidbits of advice and ponder on their relevance to today's society. What I really wonder is if there is a giant book entitled something like How to Catch the Attention of Heathen Motorists or maybe just Religion in Five Seconds or Less.
And who IS the decider?

The best vitamin for a Christian is B1.

Exposure to the son prevents burning.

Jesus pitched his tent in the flesh.

Be an organ donor. Give your heart to Jesus.

1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given

If God is your co-pilot, change seats.

Our lifeguard walks on water.

Blessed 24:7

No comments: