Thursday, November 1, 2012

Post-Halloween Post

As I type, Owen is seated across the table from me completing homework that was assigned on Halloween night (ikr?) and he is having a serious morning after candy fest hypoglycemic crash. Oh the joy, the rapture.

 We were once again excited for Halloween. I think the kids were definitely eager to participate last year, but this year, they are really happy to be back for the awesomely all-American extravaganza. Owen has honestly been preparing his costume for a month now. Here are some photos of my trick or treaters for the non-Facebook set.

Owen was a Dovakiin from Skyrim, an online game that all of his friends know about so they can be impressed for me as I have no clue. Owen went out with friends to their neighborhood and then returned with them to our neighborhood for some double dipping. He made and designed this costume all by himself. I sewed the fur.

As an aside, I miss the UK and the Design and Technology class at the senior school. Owen would have loved it this year! However, I am glad they have removed it from our middle school curriculum here because the class was really lame when Evan had to take it.
 
Finn, my typical laconic teen, actually had a plan a week in advance! He is Slenderman from the online game, Slender, and this costume was much easier to put together, thankfully. Craig calls him the Finnvisible Man.
He went trick or treating with a GIRL who rides his bus and lives down the street. They stopped by and she is adorable, out-going, shorter than Finn with Hermoine Granger hair, and her name is Megan.

Evan left his trick-or-treating days behind in 2007. He won't even answer the door to give out candy. Sigh.
 
I need to pack because the trick or treaters and I are headed to Florida tomorrow to visit my brother-in-law for the long weekend.
I am planning to vote this afternoon and will take the kids so they can witness Democracy (and a Democrat) in action.

No comments: