Friday, September 7, 2012

Sunflowers on a Sunday

One of the items on my bucket list is to see the sunflower and wheat fields in Arles, France which are so wonderfully painted by Vincent van Gogh. I have been seeing friends on Facebook post photos of the Maryland sunflower fields and finally found out where they were (thanks, Sheila!). Over Labor Day weekend, Owen and I decided to go up for a visit. The field is beautiful and huge and worth the drive. I kept thinking of the Kevin Costner film, Field of Dreams, and the famous line, "If you build it, they will come." In this case it's more like, "If you plant it, they will come." There were a lot of people snapping photos. 

I feel like I can scratch Arles off my list now. Although if I am ever nearby, I will definitely drop in.

1 comment:

Karli Simmons said...

Love these pics! Definitely my favorite flower by far :)