Monday, June 11, 2012

Middle-Aged

This weekend we tried to pry the kids out of the house by offering a pub lunch. We didn't have a single taker. It was partially due to the fact that it was Africa hot outside, but also partially because we are now middle-aged parents of teens and a pre-teen who prefer not to be seen with us.
C'est la vie.

So Craig and I headed to a place down near the Federal Hill/Locust Point border and had a great lunch and since we were so close, we headed over to
 just because.
We had a good walk around and looked at the
giant flag and
the statue of Armistead and
the statue named Orpheus with the Awkward Foot.

We also had our first crabs of the season which were procured from Jordan the crab guy who parks on the side of the street and steams them right there curbside. They were delish and I think Jordan and I are going to be good friends this summer.
These were the first crabs that the kids have had since our return and I realized that I had to teach them how to pick crabs all over again. It was much easier as they were willing students this time as opposed to whin(ge)y eight and ten year old children without patience like last time. I also realized that my husband is definitely not from Maryland because he did not immediately come to grab a crab. Instead, he needed a few reminders that the supply was dwindling.
 Before
 During
After
Also, I can't believe we have been home for 11 months as of today. Time seriously flies.

No comments: