Today at around noontime, a post delivery came to our door. It wasn't delivered by a stork, but it may as well could have because WE HAVE CHICKS!!!
I think I am officially in love. They are the cutest things ever. They were a little stressed out at first after their travels and we had one casualty which was a little sad. The other four are in great shape and thriving. Right now, they are all silent after being introduced to the kiddos. They tend to cheep when they are stressed, so I am taking silence as naptime and contentment.
Meet the girls who are named after the kids' great-grandmothers:
This is Olga.
She was the first to find the food and water (smartest or hungriest) and the bossiest.
I think she is the Buff Orpington.
This is Theola.
She is sweet and unassuming.
I think she is the Rhode Island Red.
This is Patty (short for Patricia).
She is the loudest.
I think she is the Easter Egger AKA Ameraucana.
This is Ora.
She is my favorite.
I think she is the Silver Laced Wyandotte.
Come over and visit our babies if you see my car in the driveway. I will need to be around the house more often because of them and would love the company.
No comments:
Post a Comment