Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Great Weekend

On Thursday, Evan and Owen performed in a concert at the high school. It was a showcase of the bands of the middle schools that feed into the high school as well as the high school itself. Owen was asked to play in the Festival Band which is normally just 7th & 8th graders, so that was an honor. All of the bands were enjoyable. Arbutus Middle School was particularly good. I will admit that I did have a yearning for the nibbles and (alcoholic) drinks intermission at the kids' UK school.

Yesterday, we threw a Mardi Gras fete slash Open House and it was a blast! It was so wonderful to see family and friends from near and far; some we hadn't seen in well over FOUR years. Everyone was so generous with their goodies too. At one point, the house was so full, I opened windows and doors to cool down the house! In February. In a drafty old house. I will admit that I chose this holiday weekend because I thought many people would have gone on a short holiday and over invited. But in hindsight it was definitely not a mistake. We are so glad to have reconnected with many.

Today, Craig took Owen and Finn down to the animal shelter in Baltimore City, to take a look-see at the cats. They came home with stories of two cats in particular. It seems Craig had officially caved in and was checking with the boss (that's me) to see if it was okay to adopt. I will admit I have missed having a cat. An hour later, they traipsed back to the city to officially adopt a polydactyl feline. We will go to get her for good on Tuesday. The kids are dreaming up a good name as I type.

Tonight, Craig and I went to see A Skull in Connemara at Centre Stage. It was really good and I would recommend seeing it. However, the elderly couple seated next to me would beg to differ. They left in the beginning of the second act, never to return! I think the wife was offended by some of the manhandling of the skulls and the constant use of the word "fecking". I will admit I found a perverse amusement in that.
Shrug.

We are looking forward to a relaxing day tomorrow. Yay for dead Presidents' birthdays!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: