Monday, November 15, 2010

Last Week's Catch-up: Rugby, Beer and Ghosts

Stuff has been happening, but I have been unmotivated to write about it. Actually, I've been keeping busy which makes it difficult to stay current.
Last Wednesday, Owen played in his first official St. Ed's tackle rugby match. They handily trounced their opponents (the local Richy Rich kids school). It was a fun game to watch and Owen loved every minute of it. I might become a rugby mUm here and a rugby mOm upon our return.
Last Thursday, Craig had the day off in honor of a Veteran or two and we went to the Hook Norton Brewery which deserves a post of its own so stay tuned.
Last Friday evening, I went to a Ghost Tour with a friend in the somewhat nearby town of Evesham which is lovely even at night and I would like to return for a daytime visit to avoid the wandering & drunken "yobs".
Evesham Abbey Tower
Cool door on a second story of a building
The Ghost Tour was not exactly what I expected but I am not really sure what I expected. We toured the town and got some local yore and then went to the shop where we proceeded to do some "table tipping" and "mirror scrying", both of which were interesting, if not a bit hokey. Then we proceeded to the pitch dark basement to call upon the spirits while holding the hands of complete strangers. It was scary and just something to experience. The best part was the married couple who ran the escapade: a clairvoyant (her) and a medium who used to be a dancer (him). I do believe they had some paranormal abilities because some stuff they said was too unique to apply to just anyone. It was a fun night all around but not sure I'd do it again. I'll just stick to some good old- fashioned tarot cards and fortune telling.
Then on Saturday morning, Craig led our walking group into Birdlip and surrounds with a delicious lunch at Fostons Ash. Unfortunately, I was ferrying children around to various activities and missed these gorgeous vistas. I am convinced one cannot take an ugly photo of the English countryside.
On Saturday evening, I went to a friend's house to play bunco and won the consolation prize of 50p pretty much for just showing up.
We did nothing Sunday except nag at Evan to do his homework, rake leaves and enjoy a visit with friends to play in the park. Finn had play practice all day - he has a decent part in the Lower School's production of The Arabian Nights which I am sure to blog about in the near future since it's this weekend.

No comments: