Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Good 24 Hours

It's been a really enjoyable 24 hours. Here's why:
1. I had a really good lunch with two friends yesterday at a favorite pub;
2. The school run worked perfectly yesterday;
3. No child complained about a leftovers dinner;
4. I saw Stephen Sondheim, lyricist of West Side Story & many other shows, with another good friend;
5. We went out for drinks and good discussion after whilst the kids behaved at home;
6. We all woke up on time this morning and everyone was off to school on time;
7. Finn didn't have a coronary when I took him in to get a tetanus shot & he said it didn't hurt a bit;
8. I spent some quality time on the bus chatting to a neighbor I haven't seen in ages;
9. I went to a book reading and had a free cuppa coffee and afterward spent a half-hour talking to a very nice Irish woman in the cafe;
10. I found everything I wanted to get on the High Street today including a book that my "I have no interest in reading books" Owen actually requested that I purchase;
11. My new shoes are so comfortable that I walked home!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds like a pretty good day to me! Would like to see a pic of the comfy shoes.