Sunday, April 18, 2010

Volcanoes are a Pain in the Ash

We are stuck in Garmisch, Germany due to the fiery volcano god living under the Icelandic volcano known as Eyjafjallajokull. We are staying one more night as planned here at Eidelweiss and are making plans to get back to England over the next few days because from what it looks like, all of the airports will be closed. They are already closed until 6 PM tonight. No option is a good option, but we hope to be home by Wednesday vs. Monday as planned. I think have talked Craig into taking our time and letting all of the crazies get across the English Channel before us so we don't have to experience the inevitable rudeness and frustration that would entail. Plus, seeing one more part of Europe on the way is a giant perk. School? Work? What's that??

Or, who knows, the wind god might overthrow the volcano god and change the direction of the ash cloud and our flight might take off, that's if there is a plane available in Munich for us to take home. I feel like I am living in a scene from
Clash of the Titans. I do not have faith in the gods.

No comments: