Happy August, everyone! Recently, we went to Sandy Point State Park right next to the Bay Bridge/Chesapeake Bay too cool off. It was a nice uncrowded day, but the sand felt like we were in the desert! On another note, Owen fell on a neighbor's steps and has a huge gaping gash across his knee and a loose chunk of skin in a semi-circle. It looked stitches worthy, but he pleaded to me not to take him to the ER. It is very funny because it's the same knee I gashed at 7 years old and I pleaded the same thing to my mom. My loose flap of skin was bigger though. Oh well, skin heals. Bad thing is that we haven't been going to the pool even though it's like 100 degrees today because I want the wound to close as much as possible before we go to the Jersey Shore for a few days (tomorrow to be exact) to stay at Aunt Kate and Uncle Tim's beach shack which they rent all summer, every summer. The kids are very excited to go and went to bed without the usual fuss because we are leaving very early tomorrow. All they want to do is boogie board - Sandy Point was NOT boogie board territory.
I think I'll have one more post before Craig is stateside. Until then, stay cool!
I think I'll have one more post before Craig is stateside. Until then, stay cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment